exercise: I just finished cutting grass with a push mower for about 1.5 hours, then went on a short walk with Mistee. I am going to count this as 2 miles and 5 minutes of weights as it is rough terrain out here and it is a severe workout!
PRAYER REQUEST!! LaVerne found out today from his doctor that he will need surgery to fix his shoulder. This will include 6 weeks with his arm in a sling, completely immobile and 3 months off work. Okay, so my first thought was that this will soooo not be fun for him. So that is the first part of the prayer request; that the doctors will do well and LaVerne will heal well. My second thought was, will we still pay our bills if he's not working? Well, he does have insurance for just this reason, so please pray that that will all be fine. As I was out there cutting grass, it hit me that we would be totally irresponsible to go ahead with our plans to pour concrete and finish off the deck etc., when money is bound to get tight. I must admit I fell into depression right there in the midst of the flying grass. This will be hard for me. Please pray that I will be CONTENT. I tell myself that there are so many people without homes or even husbands because of tornados and earthquakes right now; my selfish brain doesn't always care about that. And THEN, as if that wasn't enough to get me down, I realized on my little walk that going camping this summer is probably not going to work at all. Cuz you would think that this surgery would need to be done pronto if they have to sew muscles back together, right? So that would mean he could not be using that arm at all. Three things that I have thought of that he would not be able to do are: swimming, fishing, chopping wood. So that is my sob story. It's all still new, so maybe these things will change who knows. Please pray for me if I come to mind. Thanks for "listening". I should also say that LaVerne would probably want this to stay private.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment